The international scientific relations of Hungary are also managed and developed by delegated Science and Technology attachés. They support the international and European integration of the Hungarian S&T community by acquiring and disseminating information and by building connections between institutions.
The attaché network is jointly operated by the National Research, Development and Innovation Office and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The networks costs are covered by the National Research, Develeopment and Innovation Office. Attachés are selected by open tender.
The basic tasks of the S&T attachés are
- to monitor and to analyse the science and technology policy and the international relations of the host country, thereby contributing to the formulation of the Hungarian R&D policy; to prepare reports on significant S&T policies and developments in host country;
- to give information in the host country about the Hunagrian R&D policy, its implementation and opportunities for cooperation; to identify scientific and technological areas of mutual interest to both countries which are suitable for bilateral collaboration; to explore new areas for S&T cooperation and exchanges;
- to assist Hungarian R&D institutions and organisations in establising contacts;
- to represent Hungary at scientific and technological meetings and similar activities; to serve as coordinator for significant S&T visits and missions.
Cities with appointed Hungarian S&T attachés
Currently there are S&T attachés at the Hungarian Embassies in the following 12 cities
Berlin, Pászti-Márkus Eszter
Brussels, (for the S&T relations with the EU Commission), Reiter Ágnes
Brussels, (for the S&T relations with the EU Commission), dr. Lakos Eszter
London, Dobi-Rózsa Anikó
Moscow, Ács Arnold Bence
New-York, Takács Gábor János
Paris, Szántó Szilvia
San Francisco, Erdei Balázs
Seoul, Dr. Hamar Balázs
- Tel-Aviv, Szabolcs Szolnoki
Tokyo, Kolossváryné Dr. Juhász Györgyi
New-Delhi, Dr. Farkas Hilda
You can find more information about S&T attachés here
Last modified: 2017. szeptember 06.