The tasks of the bodies, in their respective areas, are:
- to give – at the request of the President of the NRDI Office – an opinion on strategic issues concerning the management and use of the NRDI Fund;
- to make proposals for a funding decision for research and development proposals in accordance with the RDI Act;
- to monitor the social and economic impacts of the funding granted under the NRDI Fund and the achievement of the strategic objectives of its use.
Health Sciences Expert Board
The Board will be involved in the work of the NRDI Office on issues concerning human medical research and clinical trials. The members of the Board are recognised experts in the field of medicine. According to the Programme Strategy for 2021 of the NRDI Office, the Minister for Innovation and Technology, the Minister of Interior, the Minister of Human Capacities and the Director General of the National Healthcare Service Center have the right to propose the members.
Members of the Board:
- Prof. Dr. Tamás Dóczi President, Széchenyi Prize winner physician, neurosurgeon, university professor, member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, between 1992 and 2014 he was the Head of the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Pécs (until 2000 University of Medicine, Pécs),
- Prof. Dr. Béla Merkely, Széchenyi Prize-winning physician, cardiologist, university professor, Director of the Cardiology Centre of Semmelweis University, Rector of Semmelweis University,
- Prof. Dr. Gyula Poór, Széchenyi Prize-winning physician, rheumatologist, internist, university professor, corresponding member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences National Institute of Rheumatology and Physiotherapy (ORFI),
- Dr. Zoltán Mátrai, oncologist, Head of Department at the National Institute of Oncology,
- Dr. Ildikó Csonka, Colonel, Chief Physician and Head of the Medical Centre, Hungarian Defence Forces.