Date of announcement: October 30, 2015
Final submission deadline: December 14, 2017
Applications can be submitted from December 15, 2015 continuously until the available funding is exhausted, or by December 14, 2017 at the latest.
Purpose of the call
The call intends to drive commercialization of research results by providing predictable funding to SMEs for the development of technologies with high intellectual value. The call focuses on two development phases that are difficult to be financed from the market, specifically in-house prototype development by SMEs and the commercialization of the resulting innovative products, services and processes.
In addition to helping convert scientific results into marketable products, product groups and services, the funding will also help improve the competitiveness of SMEs while accelerating their innovation efforts.
The programme is open to micro-, small- and middle-sized enterprises that - except for the Central Hungarian region - either have their headquarters in Hungary or they are Hungarian branches of businesses headquartered in the EEA, keep their books by the double-entry method, have a legal personality, employ at least one person and are not subject to EVA (simplified entrepreneurial tax). Consortiums are not eligible to apply under this call.
Types of objectives to be supported
- Experimental development from R&D project funding (eligible for independent funding);
- activities related to project preparation, project management, industry property rights protection, participation in exhibitions, market entry and mandatory communications under the title of de minimis funding;
- purchase of tangible and intangible assets as part of a regional investment;
- consultancy provided to small- and middle-sized enterprises.
Major funding criteria
- The applicant shall undertake to produce the tested prototype and – if the funding is provided to support market launch – ensure economic viability of the product (applicant’s revenues from RDI activities shall be at least 30 percent of the funding in any 2 consecutive financial years following the year of the project’s financial closure until the last two years of the running period).
- The applicant shall prove that the share of own resources amounts to at least 10 percent of the project’s eligible total costs; in case of regional investment funding, the share of own resources must be 25 percent of eligible total costs.
- The project should be executed in no more than 24 months from the starting date. Projects started before the submission of the proposal are not eligible for funding.
The planned total allocation available for the “Programme for the Development of Products, Technologies and Services” (GINOP-2.1.7-15) under Széchenyi 2020 is HUF 20 billion.
Each applicant is eligible to apply for a grant in the range of HUF 10 million to HUF 130 million; funding intensity will vary according to the type of the projects.
To read the full text of the call for proposals, click on the following link: http://palyazat.gov.hu/doc/4539