The draft topics for the next round of calls of the Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) Partnership have been published on the IHI website. Details can be found on the IHI website under "future opportunities": https://www.ihi.europa.eu/apply-funding/future-opportunities . The drafts will become final once approved by the Governing Board, so applicants should check for changes to the text once the calls are launched. The expected opening date for the calls is end of July 2023.
The IHI is a PPP (Public Private Partnership) joint undertaking, building on the experience of the previous Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI), which aims to put research and innovation results into practice, and is therefore beside the European Union run with the participation of industry associations, such as COCIR, EFPIA / Vaccines Europe, EuropaBio, MedTech Europe. In line with IHI rules and practice, this new round will include again single-stage and two-stage calls.
IHI call 4 (two-stage calls)
- Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical safety assessment
- Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
- Inclusive clinical studies for equitable access to clinical research in Europe
- Establishing novel approaches to improve clinical trials for rare and ultra-rare diseases
- Safe & sustainable by design (SSbD) packaging and single use device solutions for healthcare products
- Sustainable circular development and manufacturing of healthcare products and their quantitative environmental impact assessment
IHI call 5 (single-stage calls)
- Accelerating the implementation of new approach methodologies and other innovative non-animal approaches for the development, testing and production of health technologies
- Development and proof of principle of new clinical applications of theranostics solutions
- Improved prediction, detection, and treatment approaches for comprehensive stroke management
- Maximising the potential of synthetic data generation in healthcare applications
Online information days and a matchmaking event were also organised for the calls. Recordings and slides of the sessions are available on the IHI website: https://www.ihi.europa.eu/news-events/events/ihi-call-days-calls-4-5
The information days covered IHI's application rules and procedures, as well as the scope of each call. There was also a special session on financial aspects of the single-stage proposals (Call 5).
The matchmaking event site is available at https://ihi-call-days.ihi.b2match.io/home , where participants, partner searches and offers can be still tracked, and active participation is possible after registration.
Further information and details are available on the IHI website: https://www.ihi.europa.eu/.
Dr. Klára Horváth
National Research, Development and Innovation Office
Phone: (+36 1) 896 3748; (+36 30) 591 3968