The IHI is a PPP (Public Private Partnership) undertaking involving such industry players as as COCIR, EFPIA, EuropaBio, MedTech Europe, Vaccines Europe.
Around the time of publication, the IHI Programme Office will also organise webinars and a partner search event.
The new round of calls will again include single-stage and two-stage calls. For the single-stage calls, applicant consortia must ensure that at least 45% of the total project budget is covered from in-kind contribution by the industry partners of the project who are at the same time also taking part or supporting the IHI.
In the case of two-stage proposals, the successful short proposals (one per topic) in the first round will be assigned to a consortium of IHI industry participants proposing the call topic. The full proposal for the second deadline must be submitted in collaboration with them.
IHI call 3 (single stage call)
- Topic 1: Screening platform and biomarkers for prediction and prevention of diseases of unmet public health need
- Topic 2: Patient generated evidence to improve outcomes, support decision making, and accelerate innovation
- Topic 3: Combining hospital interventional approaches to improve patient outcomes and increase hospital efficiencies
- Topic 4: Strengthening the European ecosystem for Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs) and other innovative therapeutic modalities for rare diseases
- Topic 5: Digital health technologies for the prevention and personalised management of mental disorders and their long-term health consequences
IHI call 4 (two stage call)
- Topic 1: Expanding translational knowledge in minipigs: a path to reduce and replace non-human primates in non-clinical drug safety assessment
- Topic 2: Patient-centric blood sample collection to enable decentralised clinical trials and improve access to healthcare
More information is available on the IHI website, with detailed explanations of the topics: https://www.ihi.europa.eu/apply-funding/future-opportunities