National Registry for Research Infrastructures Assessment Portal
National Registry for Research Infrastructures RDI Data Repository Frequently Asked Questions
Domestic calls supporting investments in research infrastructures require beneficiaries to provide open access to the data of devices and equipment purchased and investment projects completed from the funding. This ensures the broadest possible use of publicly financed capacities by the researcher community and the funding to comply with the EU legislation on the internal market.
Individual research infrastructures registered in the National Research Infrastructure Register can be queried from the RDI Data Repository.
Researchers and developers who are beneficiaries of publicly funded research projects can meet their registration obligation on the electronic platform of the National Research Infrastructure Register. All tangible and intangible assets and infrastructural investments funded under the title of “Investment funding for research infrastructures” from EU sources (Economic Development and Innovation Operational Programme or Competitive Central Hungary Operational Programme) or domestic sources (National Research, Development and Innovation Fund), must be registered there. The register will thus become a transparent database of research infrastructures available in Hungary for the domestic and international research and development community which also contains the archive data of infrastructures registered until 2014 in the NEKIFUT platform. The database of publicly funded infrastructures provides a point of reference for the National Research Infrastructure Committee responsible for keeping track of domestic research infrastructures, assessing development needs and planning cooperation with foreign research infrastructures, as well as for the professional evidence based decision proposals of panels reviewing the professional content of project proposals submitted to RDI calls.
The comprehensive and open register of publicly funded research projects ensures funds to be used in compliance with EU legislation on the internal market, including Regulation 651/2014 of the European Commission (General Block Exemption Regulation) in particular which deals with the compatibility of certain funding categories with the single internal market. Funding to economic activities aimed at the construction or modernisation of research infrastructures may only be provided if the general rules of the block exemption regulation, in particular the provisions of Article 26 are met. It is understood that such infrastructures have to be accessible to any user in a transparent manner and without discrimination, and that the operation and use of such infrastructures must be charged for at market prices.
Registration is compulsory under the following funding schemes:
- Funding for the export-oriented R&D activities of domestic businesses (EXPORT_17)
- National Excellence Programme (NKP_17)
- Competitiveness and excellence cooperation (VKE_17)
- Centre for Higher Education and Industrial Cooperation – Research infrastructure development (FIEK_16)
- Support of business RDI activities (VÁLLALATI KFI_16)
- National Competitiveness and Excellence Programme (NVKP_16)
- National Brain Research Programme (KTIA_NAP_13 (2016))
- National Brain Research Programme NAP_B (KTIA_NAP_13 (2016))
- Support of exportable innovative product development for an innovation-driven export expansion (GINOP-2.1.6-16)
- Competitiveness and Excellence Cooperation (VEKOP-2.2.1-16)
- Support of business RDI activities (VEKOP-2.1.1-15)
- Centre for Higher Education and Industrial Cooperation – Research infrastructure development (GINOP-2.3.4-15)
- R&D Competitiveness and Excellence Cooperation (GINOP-2.2.1-15)
- Support of business RDI activities (GINOP-2.1.1-15)
Customer Services of the NRDI Office (firstname.lastname@example.org; +36 1 795 9500)