Creative ideas may receive up to nearly HUF 60 million for implementation. The NRDI Office and the ITM provides funding for directly contacting and involving partner organizations (universities, incubators, organisations that provide assistance to businesses) in the implementation.
Open until 7 May 2020, the online COVID-19 startup and idea contest encourages entrepreneurs and creative minds to implement ideas that can solve the consequences of the global coronavirus pandemic. Applicants are given the opportunity to present their ideas to industry decision-makers, investors, incubators and other operators of the innovation ecosystem and convince them that their idea is worth the funding.
“Today, when almost the entire world is in a serious crisis, the only way to go is to look for new directions and innovative solutions. The global spread of the coronavirus is a challenge that requires national cooperation, innovative approaches and high value-added enhancements to solve. The dedicated teams of the domestic startup ecosystem can now contribute to this effort with innovative ideas,” Katalin Sebők, Vice-President of the NRDI Office pointed out.
About the call
Applications to the online call can be submitted in a simplified form by sending a project brief with optional photos, videos or presentations. Applications are assessed in two phases. First, they are assessed online by professional partners and the assessors appointed by the NRDI Office, then the applications promoted to the second phase are assessed and proposed for funding by a panel of five experts.
The NRDI Office invites ideas and proposals addressing the following social challenges:
- solutions for slowing down infections,
- solutions for improving the organisation of healthcare services,
- solutions for easing the situation of fellow Hungarians belonging to risk groups,
- solutions for facilitating the supply of the population,
- solutions for mitigating the problems resulting from confinement and social distancing,
- innovative ideas for the more effective use of public resources and services,
- any other solutions with significant social benefits in the current situation.
For more information about the call, go to https://nkfih.gov.hu/covidea