More information about Széchenyi 2020 RDI programmes:
Of the EU-funded RDI programmes, the calls of the Economic Development and Innovation Operational Programme (EDIOP or GINOP) are available to applicants from the entire country, except for Budapest and Pest county (i.e. the Central Hungary region), while the Competitive Central-Hungary Operational Programme (CCHOP or VEKOP) provides RDI funding specifically to the Central Hungary region.
Project proposals are managed and assessed by the Managing Authority, namely the Deputy State Secretariat for the Implementation of Economic Development Programmes and the Deputy State Secretariat for the Implementation of Regional Development Programmes of the Ministry of National Economy. This activity mainly covers the following:
- check of the eligibility (formal compliance) of project proposals;
- assessment of the professional content of project proposals (in certain cases, where so required by the call notice, this is preceded by an assessment by the NRDI Office from an RDI or innovation policy perspective);
- decision-making, contracting;
- implementation period (milestones);
- monitoring period (if so required by the call notice).
During the assessment, in addition to issuing RDI policy opinions, the NRDI Office also participates in the work of the Decision Preparation Committees (DPC) where it represents the RDI policy position with a right to vote.