The position paper has been developed along the lines of recommendations made by the European Commission (EC), the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC), Science Europe and the European University Association (EUA), UNESCO and the International Science Council (ISC), in line with the initiatives set out in the Commission’s Communication on the European Research Area and the relevant principles of the Horizon Europe Framework Programme.
The initiative aims to accelerate the creation of new knowledge, support education, stimulate innovation, and promote transparency of scientific processes and access to research results for the global professional community and society at large, by rapidly deploying models and infrastructures that implement the fundamental pillars of open science at home.
The National Position Paper on Open Science was joined in October 2021 by the government and science-related umbrella organisations represented on the Advisory Board.
- The Association of Hungarian PhD and DLA Students (DOSZ)
- College of University Library Directors (EKK)
- Eötvös Loránd Research Network (ELKH)
- Ministry for Innovation and Technology (ITM)
- Government Information Technology Agency (KIFÜ)
- Hungarian Accreditation Committee (MAB)
- Hungarian Rectors’ Conference (MRK)
- MTA Library and Information Centre (MTA KIK)
- National Research Infrastructure Committee (NKIB)
- National Doctoral Council (ODT)
- National Council of Student Research Societies (OTDT)
Further participating organisations:
- Budapest University of Technology and Economics
- Corvinus University of Budapest
- Eötvös Loránd University
- Hungarian Logistics Association
- Hungarian University of Agriculture and Life Science
- Solver Unió Ltd.
- University of Debrecen
- University of Pannonia
Join the National Position Paper on Open Science
To join the call submit the Declaration of Participation completed and signed by an authorised representative of your organisation.
Please send the completed, signed and stamped Declaration of Participation to the following address: Attn.: Beatrix Borza, National Research, Development and Innovation Office, 1077 Budapest, Kéthly Anna tér 1.
A Certificate of Participation is issued to all participating organisations.
More information on how to join is available on request:
+36 1 795 6014