European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (ECRIN-ERIC)
26 April 2021
Modified: 26 April 2021
Reading time: 2 minute(s)
Organisation that coordinates scientific partners and networks across Europe to facilitate multinational clinical research.
Development of innovative medical devices, application of already approved drugs with new indications area.
Hungarian member organisation: HECRIN Consortium.
|Name||European Clinical Research Infrastructure Network|
|Year of foundation||2013|
|Number of member countries||9|
|Participating countries||Members: Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Portugal, Spain
Observers: Slovakia, Switzerland, Poland
|Partner institutions in Hungary in 2019||
University of Pécs
University of Szeged,
University of Debrecen,
National Institute of Oncology,
National Institute of Rheumatology and Physiotherapy,
National Institute of Clinical Neurosciences,
National Korányi Institute for Pulmonology,
Gottsegen György Hungarian Institute of Cardiology,
State Hospital for Cardiology, Balatonfüred,
Heim Pál Children’s Hospital,
MCRN Hungary (Medicines for Children Research Network)
Research Centre for Natural Sciences (TTK)
Brain Imaging Centre,
HunPedNet (Hungarian Paediatricians’ Clinical Investigation Network),
Adware Research Kft.,
PharmaHungary 2000 Kft.
National Institute of Pharmacy and Nutrition (OGYÉI)
|Public administration representative||
Levente Attila Szőcs
National Research, Development and Innovation Office
Department of Researcher Excellence
1077 Budapest, Kéthly Anna tér 1.
Phone: +36 1 795 3632
Gábor Kovács L.
head of research group,
University of Pécs, Szentágothai Research Centre
|Membership payments||2015: -
2017: EUR 18,040 (≈ HUF 5.6 million)
2018: EUR 18,621 (≈ HUF 5.8 million)
2019: EUR 17,580 (≈ HUF 6.2 million)
2020: EUR 17,937 (≈ HUF 6.5 million)
Benefits of the membership for Hungary
- Participation of Hungarian researchers in European multinational clinical trials.
- Participation in international research
- Multinationalisation of domestic initiatives.
- Participation in clinical trials funded by H2020 and IMI2
- as a clinical trial site in Hungary
- as a professional centre providing monitoring services for the clinical trial,
- as coordinator of an own-initiative clinical trial.
- Access for Hungarian researchers to the ECRIN certification programme and to data centres.
- Strengthens the national clinical trial infrastructure, increases research activity, and enhances scientific competitiveness.
- Increased Hungarian participation in international research calls.
- Professional development for research participants.
Updated: 26 April 2021